Sunday, November 22, 2009

Train of Thought [Caution, Derailing may occur]

Right well it's 5:36 in the AM, I've been up all night without cause, and it sounds like there's a pair of squirrels getting freaky on the roof above my room. Like ALL OVER the roof ... feckin horny squirrels.

While I may not have had the ability to attribute to this insanity as much as my brethren have recently I can say that I have much to point a finger at and blame through very little fault of my own. Now as the squirrels move to the wall on the far side and roll around back above me I'll elaborate a bit.

The chain of events leading up to the current disaster has been, interesting to say the least. Deal Barn on Amazon should be treated like the plague for a bunch of bollocks they put me through. Customer Support being highly rude for one and being complete blatant liars for two. Avoid the motherfuckers. The part that brings me to it all though is the fact that [horny squirrels are rolling around now, not just sporadically humping or whatever they're doing] the fact that I'd purchased a "new" motherboard from them. What I got was a board sold only in the United Kingdom, NOT for resale, may have had a fabricated serial number, has no warranty [though Deal Barn claimed it did], and has no support ... at all, ever, end of issue.

Now the reason I'm right pissed about it is that this whole deal is going to cost me upwards of $500 to replace parts on this thing and it's cheaper to buy a new computer. Of course I wouldn't be having this problem if they'd given me the correct board in the first place, wankers. On top of this I's already cost me the following in parts.

CPU
Graphics Card
RAM
2 Power Supplies
3 Hard Drives

Since I moved this machine has been pretty much rebuilt about 3 times, the fact that the motherboard that I was given is not only the wrong one but slowly dying does nothing to improve my mood. I've already spent about $500 on this thing and it's not pleasing to know some pencil pusher with a USB Personal Massager down his pants thinks that he knows anything about about computers. He went so far as to call the Manufacturers of the Motherboard liars and try to play it off as if it wasn't their problem. Needless to say I filed a report to the FTC about the entire issue about Fraudulent practice on their part.

Now the squirrels have stopped their gawd awful shenanigans I can happily say that I've recently been re-employed. While the new venture into the strange [boring] world of sales has proven to be [full of perverts] interesting I find it's still better than not being employed. We do however have some nice perks setup with [b]Amigo[/b] the Mexican Restaurant next door to us who make some of the best grilled chicken quesadias I've ever had. These suckers are stuffed full of chicken and the salsa they provide with the free ships with the meal is really good too. None of that whimpy bland "Mild" or "Hot" salsa, this stuff can be labeled as "Hot" salsa though "Mild" by my tastes. The Special Burrito they have is quite tastey by all accounts as well and comes buried under a heap of varied toppings ranging from cheese to freshly made guacamole ... and I do mean fresh as in the stuff was just made before going onto the burrito, the taste is all the evidence you really need there. The wait staff also seems to be full of eye candy as well, one of these days I'm getting a margarita from them after work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment