Saturday, June 27, 2009

Questionable

I'm not usually one to speak ill of businesses that like to showcase exceptional buisnesses or business people but my latest dealings with the Cambridge Who's Who have been something of a let down from all the good things I've heard about them.

I had a charge put on my card in the amount of around $200 that I had informed them I might not be able to afford. The appointed day rolls around where I should have gotten a phone call from them and I heard nothing, the next day I had forgotten all about it because I had other things I had needed to do which as anyone who has things to do around the house knows that things get away from you.

Well I get the card bill in the mail and a package the same day and decide to go dispute the charge. The representatives were alright, well mannered and very tolerable of me and I tried my best not to sound like a raving lunatic so much as a distressed and poor person trying to get by [which I am just that actually]. However something in the conversations we had struck me as wrong. I couldn't tell what it was at the time but it was a feeling that the person on the other end of the phone was lying through her teeth at me. The conversation consisted of me being told that at the appointed day they had tried to contact me at ALL phone numbers they had listed for me which included my cell [and while I detest that thing I'll explain one thing I do like about it in a moment]. They had told me that ALL the phone numbers just kept ringing which threw a red flag up so I asked them if they had called my Cell and they swore that they had and didn't even get a voice mail. At that point the second red flag went up and I told them that it was impossible for them not to have gotten a voice mail from my cell phone, it just doesn't work that way. At this point I could tell the woman as trying to get rid of me and we agreed that no further charges would be put on the card without me giving them a phone call first but the $200 charge was going to stay.

Now the rest of the day went on with that nagging feeling that they lied to me and so I rolled out of bed and got online to check my phone records back to the first call they had with me in May. I found the number and searched the day in question to find out that they had indeed NOT done as they had said and called my cell phone. I saw some other number that was best identified as a phone company number but the Cambridge Who's Who number could not be found at all.

So if you get a call from these people I would suggest you just hang up or ask for forms in writing. I'm pretty disappointed in their business practices if they're going to lie about their actions to people over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment