Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, there goes all my E-Cred

As I sit here reading The Dumbest Generation by Mark Bauerlein, a book that decries social networking as one of the worst things to happen to today's youth I am also signing up for Facebook. Fuck. I used to be able to say I didn't have a myspace, a facebook, a blog, any of that shit. Then came one small concession, a blog, a great place to rant about whatever's bugging me that no one reads. Then E3 hit and I wanted to follow the coverage, well, most of the gaming journalists I like were covering it live with Twitter as well as the articles at the end of every presentation. So I broke down and got a twitter account. Nice service actually... useful for bitching about something via cellphone in semi-real time.

And then Microsoft announced its partnership with Twitter (great, I already have one) Last.FM (Again, awesome, I've got one that I don't use!) and Facebook. Now it's going to be even easier to use facebook since I can catch updates from my 360. And of course, everyone at work uses the damn program. Bloody Everyone! I feel like an ass because I missed the birthday of a co-worker a couple of weeks back that I would have known about had I actually used Facebook... And so my resolve faltered...

Now, in another tab I'm signing up. There goes all the cred I got for scorning the social networking bullshit. Ah well, 'least I don't play WoW...

No comments:

Post a Comment